Today I want to show you one of my favorite ways to do my nails - diagonal tips!
2. Golden Rose matte polish in black. I'm not really satisfied with this one actually. I've had matte polishes and matte topcoats before, and it isn't that impressive. Granted, it's not as shiny as a regular black polish, but it's not as noticeable as it could be. But if you pair it up with a shiny tip like I did, it can accentuate the matte effect a little.
What I love about it is that it dries quite fast; what I don't like, though, is that it only lasts for two or three days, and then it starts to peel off starting from the cuticle! Also, by that time, the matte effect seems to wear off, especially if you use hand lotion. I usually end up applying some top coat over it, but it defeats the purpose of a matte polish.
Orly - Space Cadet
It's a very sparkly duochrome polish that flashes orange and fuschia. It takes two coats to look perfectly opaque.
I've been seeing this shade a lot in the shops lately. I know MAC makes one and possibly Nails Inc too. Anyway I do highly recommend the Seventeen one, especially because it's a lot cheaper. There is a catch though, you better have a good polish remover on hand, because it will stain your hands ... turquoise.
And finally, Lemax Colour in the shade Silver. This one has a very long and thin brush:
I swear I forgot where I bought it from or when. I also have another one in gold. It's really cheap and it's very opaque, which is essential if you want to use it for nail art. The brush is very easy to work with.
If you want to recreate this manicure, here are a few tips:
- Don't move the brush - move your finger!
- It's fine if you mess up the thin line, you can always add some more of the background or tip color later;
- Also, if the brush from your background or tip color is too wide, you can simply use the fine line brush instead!
- If your polish tends to chip at the tips, you can add a layer of top coat over them, but make sure you don't apply any top coat over your base if you're using a matte polish.
That's all for now!
Thank you for reading and have a lovely weekend 8D